Thursday, August 16, 2007
- Start by making white sauce for the soup. Heat butter in a pan and add flour to it. Fry it till the raw flour taste goes away.
- Add room temperature milk to the pan and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Now add cream, salt and black pepper and stir again. Keep aside.
- In a large pan, heat oil and fry chopped onions and garlic in it.
- Now add chicken broth to it and let it come to a boil.
- Add spinach and white sauce to it and stir well. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes on a medium flame.
- Serve it hot garnished with fresh chopped tomatoes and garlic bread on the side.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Monday, March 19, 2007
- Heat oil in a pan and deep frying the cauliflower florets until golden brown (as shown above). Set aside.
- In another pan or wok heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry onions and bell-peppers together until slightly tender but crunchy.
- Now add cauliflower florets, salt and crushed black pepper. Mix well.
- Add tomato Ketchup and white vinegar, mix well and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with Paranthas or Naan.
Tip: Use different colored bell-peppers to make it more colorful and a pretty presentation. You can deep fry Cauliflower florets rolled in cornflour batter. It will make them crispy. For cornflour batter, mix 2 Tbsp of Cornflour with 5 Tbsp of water but no salt. It will be watery, but thats how it should be.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Monday, February 19, 2007
- Make fresh paneer from 1/2 gallon of milk and press it with something heavy for 45 minutes, so that all the water come out.
- In a large bowl, start mashing it with your hands until smooth and a ball is formed. The heat from your hand will help it in becoming soft and smooth, which is very important since we are not cooking anything.
- Now add powdered sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well with hands.
- Divide the prepared paneer into 15-18 equal portions.
- Roll one of them between the palms of your hands and flatten it.
- Put one pistachio in the middle and roll into a ball.
- Put each one of them in the muffin cups and garnish with sliced pistachios.
- Let them set for 3-4 our in the freeze, before serving.
Monday, February 05, 2007
Sorry for not being regular on blog, I am a little busy these days, please bear with me for sometime and enjoy these cakes that I learned in my Wilton Cake decoration Course 1.
My First Cake (Which you all have seen before also)
The Second cake with shell border and drop flowers..
Roses with shell border, the third Cake..
A closer look...