- Boil Seviyan with salt and 3 cups of water in a separate pan.
- In another pan, heat oil and put mustard seeds and let them crackle or wait till the time they become gray in color.
- Now add onion, bell-pepper and curry leaves, fry until transparent. Then add all the other spices and fry for 30 seconds more.
- Now add green peas and cauliflower along with Seviyan and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with Green Onions.
- Use Chinese technique (they use it for noodles) of putting the seviyan in cold water as soon as they are boiled for 3-4 minutes and then straining them. They will stop cooking immediately and it will prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Use Ajwayan and corriander powder (1 tbsp) instead of mustard seeds and curry leaves for giving it a North Indian flavor.
Also check out something here...