- In a pressure cooker, boil all the vegetables, with a little salt and Dried Methi leaves and italian spices along with half of each onion, ginger and garlic in chicken/vegetable broth. After a whistle, put off the gas and let it cook in pressure.
- Now open the pressure cooker lid and let it cool completely. Then puree it in a blender. Strain and Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the remaining onions, ginger and garlic until golden brown.
- Now add salt and pepper along with sugar. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the pureed vegetables along with food color and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Put of the gas and add heavy whipping cream.
- Reheat on low flame and serve garnished with chopped green onions and cream along with some fresh croutons.
Note: Add Beetroot for color instead of food color, it will act as a natural coloring agent. To reduce the calories even more, you can add 1/2 cup of whole milk instead of 1/4 cup of cream, but then you have to cook it more to bring it to a right consistensy.