After getting married, today for the first time in 2 yrs, I cooked this for my husband and he was so happy to have it. You know what he said....., "Nidhi, its very healthy and tasty at the same time", and asked me to share it with you all. So here I am presenting you with a recipe good for breatfast or evening snack. Enjoy...
Yellow Moong Dal Split (1 Cup, soaked for 1 hr)
Peas (1/2, Boiled)
Sweet Onion (1/2 Cup, Finely Chopped)
Tomato (1, Finely Chopped)
Green chilli (1 Finely Chopped, Optional)
Ginger (1/2 Tsp, Finely Chopped)
Corriander Leaves (1/4 Cup)
Curry Leaves (5-7, Finely Chopped)
Sugar (A pinch)
Oil (1/2 Tsp)
Black Mustard Seeds (1/2 Tsp)
Red Chilli Powder (1/4 Tsp, Optional)
Turmeric (1/4 Tsp, Optional)
Salt (To taste)
- Boil peas in a small bowl with 1 1/2 cups of water, a pinch of sugar and salt to taste, in the microwave for 2-4 mins.
- Now wash dal and add 2 cups of water and salt to it and boil it in a microwave rice-cooker for about 12 mins.
- Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Now add ginger and green chilli and cook for 1/2 min.
- Add curry leaves and all the other spices and fry for 1/2 min.
- Now add dal and peas and mix well.
- In a large bowl mix corriander leaves, onion and tomatoes.
- Now add prepared dal into the onion mixture.
- Serve hot garnished with curry leaves.