Serving Size 2
Mava (1 Kg)
All-Purpose Flour (250 gm)
Refind Oil (25 ml)
Cardamom (1 Tsp, Powdered)
Water (1/2 Cup)
Oil (for frying)
For Sugar Syrup:
Sugar (2 Kg)
Water (2 lt)
- For making Sugar syrup: Heat water and sugar together, and bring it to a boil. Keep aside.
- Combine water and soda in a small bowl and then mix it with rest of the ingredients. Make small balls with it (little smaller then a ping-pong ball, because they will increase in size after putting them in sugar syrup). Keep covered with a wet kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or a deep bottom pan. After it hot, put the flame on low and fry the balls made previously. Remember to stir them constantly otherwise they will burn very quickly.
- Directly from the pan or kadhai, put them in the sugar syrup for at least 1 hr.
- Serve them hot, garnishes with pista and silver foil (varq).
If you want, you can stuff them with dry-fruits (cashews, pista and chironji), kesar, Yellow food color and mishri mixed in 3 tbsp of mava. Just put a little bit of this mixture in the centre of each ball.
If mava is not available easily, make paneer and when its soft and most of the water is squeezed out from it, heat a pan, put prepared paneer in it and keep on stirring it until its dry and starts to leave a little bit of oil. Let it cool and use as required.