Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tricolor Healthy Pulav

My husband love Soya Nuggets, so I try to use them in as many dishes as possible. Today the recipe that I am presenting to you comes from my Grand-maa's kitchen and is still as delicious as ever.... Serve hot with Ghee on top along with chilled curd or raita, coriander chutney, papad and achaar. I bet, everyone will ask for more...



Makes 4 Servings

Ingredients:
Soya Nuggets (3/4 Cup)
Basmati Rice (1 Cup)
Onion (1 Chopped)
Cauliflower (8-10 Florets)
Peas (1 Cup)
Carrot (2 Diced)
Ginger (1 Tbsp)
Green Chillies (1 Finely Chopped)
Water (2 Cups)
Oil (2 Tbsp)



Spices:
Cumin Seeds (1/2 Tbsp)
Red Chilli Powder (1/2 Tsp)
Garam Masala (1/2 Tsp)
Coriander Powder (1 Tsp)
Salt (to taste)

Method:

  1. Wash rice under running water and keep them aside, soaked in water.
  2. Heat a pressure cooker and pour oil. Now infuse the oil with green chillies and ginger, then put soya nuggets and onion and saute for 3-4 mins or till the onions are golden brown.
  3. Now mix all the spices and saute for 30 seconds. Add cauliflower, peas, carrot, rice and water and mix well.
  4. Close the pressure cooker and let it cook till it whistles. After one whistle close the stove, but don't open the cooker until the steam is released by itself because the rice are still cooking in that steam.
  5. Serve hot, right from the cooker, with a little ghee one top.

Note: If you do not have a Pressure cooker, you can use a pan with a lid, and cook for about 20-30 mins untill everything is soft and tender.

For more healthy option , don't serve with ghee and it will still be yummy.

2 comments:

FH said...

Hi Nidhi,thanks for visiting me.You have a nice blog here,Pulav looks delicious,Bhatura too..Keep up the good work:))

Nidhi said...

Thanks Asha, I m glad you liked my blog and I hope you will try some of my recipes and will tell me how can i improve on them.