Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Zuccini Ki Sabzi

Zuccini ki Sabzi....sounds a little different, try and make it with Indian herbs and spices, it will become a regular feature at your home. Ofcourse we don't get it in India, so I tried it here itself and fortunately it turned out delicious. So, I thought why not to share it with my friends




Serves 4-5

Ingredients:
Zuccini (2, Sliced)
Onion (1, Big Sliced)
Tomato (2, Big Sliced)
Oil (1 Tbsp)
Corriander Leaves (For Garnish)

Spices:
Cumin Seeds (1/2 Tbsp)
Turmeric (1 Tsp)
Red Chilli Powder (1/2 Tsp)
Corriander Powder (2 Tsp)
Salt (To Taste)


Method:
  1. Heat oil in a Non-Stick pan and fry cumin seeds till they cracle, then put turmeric, red chilli powder and corriander powder on low flame.
  2. Now put zuccini, onion and tomato and mix well.
  3. Put the lid on and steam for 30-35 mintues, turning in between the steaming process.
  4. Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with chilled curd and chapatis or paranthas.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..it looks delicious..

TNL said...

This is a great veggie...too bad not many people like it, I also make zucchini,but I make stuffed Zucchini by making a centre slit,leaving some space in between; with dhania-jeera,garam masala,salt,chili powder, some sugar,and some grated garlic.I saute some more garlic in oil and jeera and just place the stuffed zucchinis in the oil and let them cook in its own juices! I will make this soon and post it on my blog! btw,thhat palak paneer and gulab jamun looked delicious!

Cheers,Trupti

Nidhi said...

Thanks Annita...

Thanks Trupti, for another great Idea, for making Zucchini. Will try it soon. Please post the picture on your blog, I want to see how it looks, once it done.

Nidhi.

TNL said...

Hi Nidhi, thanks for the comment..I will surely post that recipe with pictures! I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to add you on my blog roll!

Cheers,trupti

Mandira said...

i make zucchini a couple of ways, haven't tried yours though.. looks delicious. BTW I would love to have some of that gulab jamun :)

Ashwini said...

Hey Nidhi thanks for dropping by my blog.
Loved many of the recipe you have put up especially the gulab jamuns...oh drool :-)
Keep up the good work

FH said...

Looks gorgeous and great bright photo too..love Zucchinis..thanks girl:))

Anonymous said...

looks good! very simple yet healthy dish!
Thanks,
Nalini

Nidhi said...

Hey Trupti, Thanks a lot for adding me to your blog...

Hi Mandira, thanks for stopping by...BTW how do you make Zucchini? And u are most welcome to have some Gulab Jamun...:-)

Thanks Ashwini, I am glad to know that you liked my blog. Keep visiting.

Thanks Nalini, Yes its very healthy..

Unknown said...

hi nidhi

when u come to india

naveen mittal
BHUSHAN STEEL& STRIPS LIMITED
GHAZIABAD

Tweety said...

Hi Nidhi,

came here thru Indira's post. U seem to be quite creative with ur food. I was surprised to see this zuccini subzi post, coz i had posted similar one few weeks back :)
Keep up the great work!

Nidhi said...

Thanks Naveen Mama.....go to have you here.

Thanks Tweety, good to know that you also make Zuccini the same way as I do.

Keep visiting.

Nidhi.