Today, we completed Two Years of Marriage....Wonderful two years. So, I wanted to share something sweet with you all, which I have made for my Loving Husband. My Mocha Cake Roll will be a sweet ending for a wonderful day....on which we tied knots to be together for ever n ever.....and a perfect beginning of those wonderful years of togetherness, that are ahead of us....
Bake Time 15 to 20 Mins at 350ºF
Prep Time 30 Mins (including cooling)
Eggs (2, Separated)
All Purpose Flour (¼ cup)
Unsalted Butter (¼ cup) Sugar (¼ + ¼ cup)
Heavy Whipping Cream (½ cup)
Vanilla Essence (½ + ½ Tsp)
Mocha Pwd or Instant Coffee Pwd (½ + ½ Tsp)
Milk (1 Tbsp)
Salt (a pinch)
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl on high speed, till they form soft white peaks, then sprinkle ¼ cup of sugar slowly and beat again till firm white peaks are formed.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks, flour, butter, milk, ½ tsp vanilla essence, salt and ½ tsp mocha pwd or coffee pwd, till light coffee color appears.
- Now fold in the yolk mixture in egg white mixture with the help of a rubber spatula.
- Preheat the oven at 350ºF and grease the jelly roll pan (13” by 9”) with a non-stick spray or butter and spoon the above mixture on it.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. Once the cake is baked, damp the kitchen towel and put it over the jelly roll pan to keep the cake’s upper layer moist and let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the whipping cream, ¼ cup sugar, coffee and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence at high speed till it becomes soft and fluffy. Keep refrigerated till ready to use.
- Lift the cake from the jelly roll pan and put on a plastic wrap.
- Now spread the whipped cream over the cake and roll tightly.
- Cover the roll in that plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hrs before serving.
- Cut in ½ inch thick slices and serve cold.