Chinese is cooking on my blog today and its healthy.....something with lots of vegetables. Guess what??? Ya, its Vegetarian Dumplings, oh! I love to eat those. Even though, I had some idea how to make them, I wasn't very sure. I searched for Wonton Wrapers for a long time but couldn't find them in regular grocery stores. Thanks to my sweet husband, yesterday evening when we were coming back from the grocery store, thinking that we can never find them, he suggested to try this New Asian Super market, near our home. He went there and after 5 mins he came back with a bag in his hand, Oh! I was so happy to see those wrapers and decided to try them tomorrow itself and this is what I have come up with. Its my postcard from China to you....Enjoy..
Wonton/Dumpling Wrapers (16, At Room Temperature)
Carrot (1, Finely Grated)
Green Beans (3-4, Very Finely Sliced)
Mushroom (3-4, Finely Diced)
Paneer/Cheese (1/4 Cup, Crushed)
Onion (1/2, Finely Chopped)
Garlic (4-5 Cloves, Finely Chopped)
All-Purpose Flour (1/2 Tbsp)
Salt (To Taste)
Black Pepper (Freshly Ground, To Taste)
Oil (1 Tsp)
- Heat oil in a small pan and fry onion and garlic till golden brown.
- Now add salt, pepper and all purpose flour. Mix well.
- Mix the above prepared mixture with all the other ingredients accept Wonton Wrapers.
- Now take one Wonton Wraper and put 1 tbsp of prepared filling in the center of it and with the help of a pastry brush, put a little bit of water on all the four corners. Try to put filling in an oval shape as shown in the picture below.
- Seal all the edges and make a triangle shape. Now take a ravioli cutter and cut the edges to make it look pretty. Repeat the process for every wraper.
- Boil 2.5 lt of water in a deep pan and put 1/2 tbsp of salt and 1 tsp of oil, thanput the dumplings in it and let them cook for 2-3 mins.
- Once they are done they will become tranparent and you can see the filling inside them.
- Serve them hot with Chilli & Garlic chutney.
Tip: You can use any type of vegetables that you like but they should be finely chopped. You can even make chicken dumplings by using grilled chicken, which is finely chopped.